Fox.com Major Redesign for the #1 TV Network Website
Project: Rebranding of home page and other major sections relating to Fox Broadcasting primetime television. Major sweeping changes in look function and scope of site, preparing to shift from cost center to profit center (advertising and video). The site transitioned and grew to include integrated video on demand, communities, games and more. Substantial changes affected nearly every aspect of home page, on demand, schedule, network sections and backend. These components were iterated many times, leading to additional several updates in quick succession.
Title: Director of Online Content
Role: Product management lead, managed requirements working with internal design, marketing and technology teams.
Updated Fox.com Home Page
- Expansion and redesign of Full Episodes via Fox On Demand.
- Carousel: Addition of powerful and flexible carousel.
- Schedule Updates: Updated schedule module on homepage and schedule section.
- Video clips carousel
- Show promo section
- Quick Access to show sites, schedule, community and search.
- Additional promotional units and ad units
- Huge sitemap in footer
- Transitioned to proper Content Management System (based on Alfresco). Prior to this Fox had crudely manage hard-coded pages.
Fox.com Homepage Redesign Wireframe:
Fox.com Homepage Redesign with Special: